Mezcal Paloma Recipe
Today, on the blog, we’re sharing a delicious recipe for pairing with Latin flavors or just enjoying while grazing at home. A little sweet, a little salty, tart and smoky, this mezcal paloma tastes a lot like quarantine life. Sip it slow and enjoy as warmer weather rolls in.
2 oz Mezcal (or tequila, if preferred)
2 oz Bittermilk Charred Grapefruit Tonic Mix
1/2 oz lime juice
Sea salt, course salt or pink Himalayan salt for rim
Aleppo or other dried chile pepper for rim
Lime or grapefruit wedge
Grapefruit wedge for garnish
1. Mix salt with chile pepper in a shallow dish or bowl for garnish. Set aside.
2. Run lime or grapefruit wedge over about 1/3 of the glass rim to get some of the juice onto the glass.
3. Dip the moistened part of the glass rim into the salt and chile pepper mixture, rolling it to allow the mixture to stick well to the rim of the glass. Set glass aside.
4. Add all cocktail ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds or until shaker is frosty.
5. Strain cocktails into prepared glasses and top with a grapefruit wedge for garnish.