New Holiday Card Messages for 2020 October 21, 2020
The 2020 Halloween Guide to a Socially Distanced Celebration October 08, 2020
Back to School & Work From Home Survival Guide August 10, 2020
Welcome to the Journal
We're so glad you're here! The ASG Journal is a space for us to truly share our passion for all things hospitality, entertaining, and, well...all things beautiful!
Yes, we are an online and brick-and-mortar shop, but the people who run this shop do it out of true love. So beyond sourcing and selling lovely things to our guests, we also adore sharing tips and tricks for entertaining, cocktail and party recipes, and inspiration of all kinds as it relates to connecting with our fellow humans.
We hope you enjoy our musings, and that they inspire you to connect a little more deeply with those around you. Cheers!
Mezcal Paloma Recipe
Today, on the blog, we’re sharing a delicious recipe for pairing with Latin flavors or just enjoying while grazing at home. A little sweet, a little salty, tart and smoky, this mezcal paloma tastes a lot like quarantine life. Sip it slow and enjoy as warmer weather rolls in.
2 oz Mezcal (or tequila, if preferred)
1/2 oz lime juice
Sea salt, course salt or pink Himalayan salt for rim
Aleppo or other dried chile pepper for rim
Lime or grapefruit wedge
Grapefruit wedge for garnish
1. Mix salt with chile pepper in a shallow dish or bowl for garnish. Set aside.
2. Run lime or grapefruit wedge over about 1/3 of the glass rim to get some of the juice onto the glass.
3. Dip the moistened part of the glass rim into the salt and chile pepper mixture, rolling it to allow the mixture to stick well to the rim of the glass. Set glass aside.
4. Add all cocktail ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds or until shaker is frosty.
5. Strain cocktails into prepared glasses and top with a grapefruit wedge for garnish.